Think before you eat!
These are the calories that may not be accounted for, and could also be why you are having a hard time losing those last 10 pounds.
Some causes for mindless eating include; stress eating, boredom, and emotional eating
Only eat when you are hungry, a lot of people don’t even remember what the feeling of being hungry actually feels like anymore…….
Mindless eating adds up!
Here are some great tips on how to avoid mindless eating;
- Stop eating in front of the TV, when you are preoccupied by the TV/computer you are no longer aware of what, and exactly how much you are consuming
- Have your meals preprepared, healthy snacks and meals that you can grab on the go. This will take away the option of getting seconds, and subsequently consuming too many calories.
- Home made frozen dinners. I make most of my meals for the week on Sunday, and then freeze them! This way they are pre-portioned and ready to go when I need them!!
- Keep a food journal, I found accountability very important when trying to eat clean. When you write it down you will soon realize where your slip-ups are
- When you go out to a restaurant, have the server package half the meal prior to receiving it, and avoid the bread
- Use a smaller plate, making the plate look fuller with a properly portioned meal size
- Sit down at the table when eating, make sure that you enjoy your food and take your time to taste it. Doing this will leave you more satisfied and allow your brain to catch up to your stomach……registering the full sensation at the right moment and avoiding the point of being too full/stuffed
- Use a meal plan, outlining a set number of meals, including your snacks, and stick to it!
- One of Amanda’s favorite tip; To avoid late night snaking brush your teeth once you have finish meal, you will then be less tempted to put something once your teeth are clean!!
Whether it’s your first ten or last ten these helpful tips will help you cut out those unnecessary calories