Having a hard time losing weight? Are you drinking enough water?
Being dehydrated can actually stall your metabolism
As much as 25% of your body is made of water. And the human body can not fuction properly when you are dehydrated.
Here are some quick tips to help you get daily water intake
- Have a glass of water before going to bed
- Try adding lemon, lime or other fresh fruits to your water (oranges, berries) to give your water some flavor
- Fill you water bottle half and freeze it, fill the rest up with water and that way you will have cold water all day!
- Freeze your berries before adding them to your water, creating flavored ice cubes
- Keep you water bottle with you and sip all day
- Drink water with your meals, not only will this keep you hydrated but you will also avoid consuming empty calories
- Consume fresh fruits and veggies, both of witch have a high water content
- Have a glass of water first thing when you wake up
- Re-fuel, water loss happens all day, in hot or cold weather. Make sure you replenish your water loss after your workouts as well!
- Every once in a while try out some carbonated water, it helps you keep hydrated and will make you feel fuller!
- Herbal tea, you can have herbal tea both warm or cold (if you are going to have it cold, make sure you steep it with warm water first!)
- Avoid Caffeine, caffeine is a natural diuretic and will dehydrate you if you don’t adequately replenish your water levels
The average amount of water that should be consumed daily is around 8-10 cups. This varies depending on you daily physical activity levels and your body habitus.
On th other hand you can drink too much water too. There have been cases of over saturation which can also be dangerous. Seek help from a health professional to further direct in this matter if you have concerns.
Like most things in life, it’s about finding a balance.
Drink up :O)